Pest control : rats, mice, your chickens and you.
Think you may have rats in your chicken coop?
It happens to the best of us - it certainly happened to me and I want to share what I learned with you, so you don't make the same mistakes I did.
Let me hasten to add here, I don't blame this on my chickens at all - it
was not my chickens who attracted rats and other pests into the coop,
it was the fact that I didn't know how to keep them away and made some
very basic mistakes. Once I stopped making them, I stopped getting rats.
You need to make sure you undertake some basic pest control as soon as you see the first signs.
Otherwise there's a danger of ...
- Rat poop and urine in your chickens' feed
- Chickens having their feet chewed at night
- Disease spread among your flock
- Potential hazards for you and your family.
On this website you'll find lots of information about pest control but ...
- It's scattered over a number of pages
- It's not easy to remember all you need to do.
And that's why you need my mouse and rat control checklist!
Here's what it covers :
- Assessing which type of rodent you have
- Pest control in the chicken coop
- Controlling rats in the run
- How to get rid of an infestation
- Staying healthy while controlling pests.
How to get it - sign up here.
What you'll get.
- A link to my free, downloadable checklist about controlling rodents in your chicken coop
- Written in easy to follow language, it leads you through the different stages of pest control
- Within it, there are links to pages in my website where you can find more detailed information should you need it
- As a bonus, you'll also get free newsletters from me about keeping chickens with updates, information, tips and advice.
Don't want the checklist?
No problem. Below are links to just some of my pages about how to control rats and other pests within your chicken coop.
Just click on whichever link you're interested in to go directly to that page.
Having problems with pest control?
I don't claim to be an expert, but I have had to deal with issues of how to control rats and other pests in my chicken coop.
If you think I can help in any way just leave a message in the box below. I'll reply as soon as possible - usually within two working days.
If you found this helpful, please take a few seconds to share it - thank you!